March 19, 2006

I'm getting more English by the hour

I'm in a good mood today, and was yesterday as well. I feel so different lately. I am different. I'm not the same person I was when I got here. I don't know if it's noticeable to anyone else, or will be, but I notice it, and I kind of like it. :) I was wondering the other day what it's going to be like when I get back. I'm proud of myself though. That I'm doing this. I really am.

Interesting week...good for the most part though. These next couple of weeks are going to be a little stressful as it's coming close to the end of term so I have to get it together and everything's due in about two weeks. But I think I can handle it. I'll be working on a story after this shortly, and then reading for Shakespeare, then more working on story, then hopefully starting on an essay...everything's due at the same time but I figure as long as I'm thinking about it and worrying about it now (two weeks ahead of time) it should be okay. And then it will be spring break!!!! I can't stress to any end how excited I am about this trip.

It's March 19. It's been exactly half a year since Wes left for Tanzania. That's so strange. I miss him. But the good thing is, and the reason I write about it here, is that I don't see our relationship as having weakened in the slightest. In fact I think it might be stronger.

I realize that I've gotten used to being here when I:

-Say "cheers" without thinking about it
-Automatically think of a soccer ball when someone mentions "football"
-Say "trousers" instead of "pants."
-Called college "uni" the other day
-Don't feel odd ordering a drink in a pub
-Am not surprised by cars on the left side of the road
-Actually know my way pretty well around Norwich and no longer have to think about saying "Norrich" instead of "Nor-which"
-I sing along with and recognize British music

No comments: